How It Works
1. What will happen if my item is not as described?
- If your device is not as described, we will send you an email with a reevaluated quote.
2. Is the information on the device(s) I send safe?
- Yes, when we receive your device(s), we first inspect to see if they are as described. Only after everything is agreed upon do we move ahead and completely erase all personal information on your device and reset it back to factory settings.
3. Do you buy broken devices?
- Yes, we buy both working and broken devices as long as they are on our list of options for the selling portion of our site. For all other products, we Repurpose old, broken and unwanted electronics for free in our “R3” section (Customer is responsible for shipping costs when sending items to be Repurposed).
4. Is my contact information safe?
- Yes, your information is safe and kept for our records.
5. How do I ship my device to you?
- After creating an account and agreeing to the quoted price for your device, we will send you an instructional email regarding how to ship your device.
6. Will I get paid more for having expensive software or apps on my device?
- No, after we inspect your item and everything has been agreed upon, we will reset your device to factory settings.
7. What payment options do you offer?
- We offer either PayPal transfer or Check by mail.
8. How long does it take to get paid?
- PayPal transfer is immediate (Within a couple of hours); Check by mail will take 3-5 business days after completion of your device(s) inspection.
9. How long is my quote valid for?
- Your quote is valid for 30 days.
10. What should I do if my device is reported lost, active or stolen?
- Due to security reasons, you must get in touch with your wireless service provider and clear any problems that are causing your device to be “Active”.
- Reasons for your device being “Active”; the account connected to your device has an outstanding balance, the device is reported lost or stolen, or the device holds an “Active” account status with your carrier.
- Please make sure that you take care of this within 5 days of us notifying you. If we do not hear from you, we will automatically accept and go through with the readjusted quote that we had given you for your device.
11. What do I do if my payment was sent to the wrong PayPal email address?
- If you have access to the email address where it was sent, (considering that it is your own PayPal account that you are accessing or you have been permitted access by the PayPal account owner) the quickest fix for this is to simply add your own PayPal address to the account, you should be able to access the funds then.
- If that option does not work, we will issue a refund from PayPal, which will delay your payment by up to 30 business days.
12. If Oofoog LLC. Inspects my device and adjusts my initial quote to a lower one, what do I do if I disagree?
- We care for our customers very much and strive to improve and make our services stronger and more efficient each and every day. The reason why a quote would be readjusted is because the condition of the device is not as described by the customer. There are not only offers that are readjusted to a lower price but there are also instances where a customers quote is readjusted to a higher one because their device was in better condition than described.
- One of the things you as the customer can do is request for your device to be reevaluated if you disapprove the condition that we set your device at. In order for your request to go through you will need to respond within the 5 days that we allocate to you the customer to answer in.
- Within these five days after we give our initial readjusted decision on your device, you must give us a response weather you agree to the price, disagree and wish for a reevaluation, or you wish to cancel the transaction and have your device returned to you.
- If you do not answer within the five days that we have allocated for you as the customer, we will automatically move ahead with our readjusted quote of your device and process it.
- If you wish to have your device returned to you we would kindly agree but the customer that is receiving the device will pay the cost of the return shipping.
13. How should I prepare my device to send to Oofoog LLC.?
- In order to ensure the most efficient and safest journey for your device, you should follow the checklist presented bellow:
- Deactivate your service; Please call your service provider and make sure that your device is free and clear of any balance or service. If it is still active on your account, please move forward upon your own discretion and deactivate it.
- Switch off device tracking; before sending in your device to us, please turn off the tracking on your device through either the iCloud settings in your apple product or in the settings in your android device. Not doing so might restrict us from being able to fully inspect your device.
- Backup your files; Before sending your device to us for inspection please make sure to back it up and save all of your information. We are not responsible for any of your personal information that is left on your device. Upon the completion of your devices inspection and approval, we will go ahead and restore your device to factory settings, which will erase everything.
- Additional items; We will not pay extra for accessories or additional items that are packaged in with your device so please do not send them.
- Final touches; please make sure that your device is fully charged before packaging it. Also, make sure that your SIM is removed and your messaging system is turned off so that you do not receive anything while your device is on its way to us.
14. How should I package my device to send to Oofoog LLC.?
- In order to ensure the most efficient and safest journey for your device, you should follow the checklist presented bellow:
- Fill half of the box that you chose to ship your device in with packing materials such as bubble rapping, Styrofoam peanuts or crumpled up newspapers.
- Make sure to completely cover and wrap your device with bubble wrap to ensure its safety in case of impacts.
- Once you are done with the first few steps, place your wrapped device in the center of your half packed box and fill the top half now with additional packing materials listed previously. Make sure to place your packing slip which is attached or on the second page of the shipping label that we emailed to you.
- Once you are done with packing your box, close your box and tape with proper packaging tape all of the openings to ensue that it will not accidentally open while in transit to us. Please make sure to see that your device is safe and snug in its box before closing it up.
- Attach the prepaid shipping label that we have sent to your email on your devices shipping box and take it to your local FedEx to have it scanned and shipped.
- If you do not have the means to pack your device or for whatever reason cannot do so, you can take your device to your local FedEx and they will package it for you, this option is not free of charge.
15. How do I erase my iPhone’s data and take it back to factory settings?
- Please note: Before going through with the following steps to erase all of the information on your iPhone, we advise you to Backup your device to save all of your information. Moving forward with the following steps to erase your devices information will be with your own will and discretion. Upon arrival to us, we will inspect your device and once both parties have agreed on the given quote, we will erase everything from your device and take it back to factory settings.
HOW TO RESET YOUR IPHONE TO FACTORY SETTINGS AND ERASE EVERYTING
a. Access the settings icon on your iPhone
b. Press on the “General” tab in the “Settings” menu
c. Press the “Reset” tab
d. Press the “Erase All Contents and Settings” tab
HOW TO ERASE YOUR DEVICES ICLOUD AND APPLE ID INFORMATION
a. Sign in to your iCloud via icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID
b. Click on the “Find My iPhone” Button
c. Select all devices, then choose the device you want to erase
d. Make sure that your device is online during this process for it to work
- Can I use any type of box to ship my device with the shipping label that was sent to my email?
- Any type of box can be used to ship the device that you will be sending to us. All that we ask is to make sure that it is a sturdy package and that your device is packaged well to ensure its safety.
- Is my package insured in the case that it is damaged or lost during the shipping process?
- In most cases, as long as you follow or instructions on how to package and ship your device and also use our shipping label, your package will be insured during its journey to us.
- Be sure to package your Device carefully in order to ensure its safety. If you are not sure on how to package and prepare your device please refer to our step-by-step checklist on how to prepare everything.
- We encourage our customers to write down the serial number of their device as well as take a couple of pictures of the devices physical condition in order to back up their case if a case needs to be opened for a damaged or lost item during shipping.
- DO NOT USE A DROPBOX; we cannot insure packages that are placed in dropbox’s, placing your packaged device in a dropbox could delay the shipping by up to 4 weeks. We highly recommend that everything that is shipped to us be personally handed to a FedEx employee to insure that it will be on route to us.
- Could someone sell my Device that was lost or possibly stolen?
- We do not purchase any devices that have been reported lost or stolen at the time of sale.
- If we receive a device that has been reported lost or stolen at the time of sale, we will try to identify the owner of the device.
- If your device has been lost or stolen, please notify your local law enforcement of the incident and or your service provider. As a result, you can prevent your device from being activated by another user.
- Some phones can be remotely locked so that they cannot be used. The iPhone can be locked remotely using “Find My iPhone” application and it can also allow you to display a contact number on the screen.
- If we encounter such devices that have a contact information displayed on the screen at the time of sale, we will work with them to verify that they are in fact the rightful owner of the device. In the instance they they are the rightful owner of the device, we will return the lost device to the rightful owner free of charge.
- How does the selling process work?
- Kindly navigate through our site and select the type of product you wish to sell, you will then be asked to answer a few quick and easy questions as to the specifications and condition of your device.
- Once you have answered the questions giving us a grasp of what your device is, our site will immediately display a quote that we believe is a fair price to buy your device at.
- If you choose to accept our offer, you will be prompted to a page where you either login with your username and password if you already used our company before. If you are a new customer, we will also display a signup segment on the same page for you to fill in your information, which we need before moving forward with the selling process.
- While signing up you will be asked how you wish to be paid. We have two options for you as the customer; you can be paid through PayPal transfer or through Check by mail.
- Once the signup process is complete, we will send a prepaid FedEx shipping label to your email, which is absolutely free to you. Once you have packaged your device properly, simply tape our shipping to your packaged device and take it to your local FedEx.
- Once we receive your device, we will inspect it within 24-48 hours. Only after we have inspected your device and approved of everything do we send out a payment to you. The payment will vary by time regarding which way you choose to be paid.
- What happens after we receive your item?
a. Our first step: Processing (24-48 hours)
Once we receive your item, an inspection will be done to make sure the specified model and condition is correct. Once the inspection is complete, the payment is sent to you within 24-48 hours. The time it will get to you depends on the time of day we complete the inspection. We operate during business hours.
b. Our second step: We either send you an electronic payment (few hours) or mail you a check, via USPS first class (3-7 days business arrival time).
PayPal: A payment is sent to you electronically. This is the fastest way to receive your money, because no waiting in lines at the bank is required. All financial information is private on PayPal, and it is free to sign up! Setting up an account is simple, sign up for a PayPal account. The payment should arrive in your PayPal account just few hours after it has been sent out from us.
USPS First Class Check: A check will be mailed out via USPS First Class Delivery. It is a speedy delivery, and generally the check will arrive in 3-7 business days, and rarely takes longer than a week, anywhere in the United States.