Where Can I sell My MacBook Pro For Cash?
I bet you are thinking where can I sell my MacBook Pro for cash? Sometimes selling your older electronics can be a very daunting process. The thought of how much it currently is worth versus how much you paid for it keeps on going through your mind while searching for the best solution. Thankfully, there are many solutions out on the market that can address your needs! Presented below are the different steps one can take in order to sell their Apple MacBook through the avenue they see best fit.
What To Do Before I Sell My MacBook Pro
Your computer, like everyone else’s, has confidential or private information that pertains to the user. Before one can sell their MacBook Pro, they need to go through a set of steps to ensure the safe-keeping of their information, all while preparing the laptop for its next owner.
- Insert an external HD or a USB large enough to store your information
- Go to “My Finder” icon, then click on the different tabs on the left to see your information (Such as Pictures, Documents, Desktop and Downloads)
- Drag and drop any file that you wish to keep into your external drive also located on the left side in the “My Finder” window
- Once you have retained all the documents, pictures and etc. that are important to keep, you can create a new user and delete your personal one. We can do this by clicking on the “Settings” icon and then clicking on the “Accounts” icon. From there, click on the “Lock” icon (you will be prompted to insert your account password), then click on the “+” icon.
- Now you can create a new user and set the accounts privileges. (If you desire to create a new account with all privileges, make sure to make it an administrator account)
- Once you are satisfied with the collection of all your documents and have no need for the rest, log out of your user via the apple icon on the top left
- Log into the new user you recently created and navigate back to the accounts menu through the settings window
- After clicking on the “Lock” icon, click on your older account and then click on the “–” icon to delete it
- When prompted on how to delete the account, if you do not wish to regain your user at some point, click on the last option
- After selecting the process of deletion, the MacBook will wipe out the old user, allowing for the next owner to receive a clean computer free of any personal information
Where Should I Sell My MacBook Pro
There are many different avenues through which one could sell their MacBook Pro. Below is a list of places where one can choose to go through. If you care to read more on where to sell your electronics to help fund a new device, please feel free to read our other article that goes into greater detail on the whole process.
- Ebay: Ebay is an online marketplace where one can put a listing of their item for either a fixed price or an auction.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is a website where individuals create listings for products being sold locally.
- Apple: Apple has a trade-in system when users can give in their used Apple products for store credits towards another Apple device.
- OOFOOG: Oofoog.com is an online website where individuals can receive an instant quote for their electronics by shipping them in free of charge and receiving a payout within 24 to 48 hours of inspection.
Which Option Yields the Fastest Cash
- Ebay is a great platform to sell your things due to its large exposure and presence in the online marketplace. Unfortunately, because of eBay’s policies, the seller may need to wait up to 21 days after the customer receives your item in order for the funds to be released from PayPal.
- Craigslist is the quickest way to get fast cash for your items. The only downfall’s are that you will be met by many individuals who will haggle you down from your listed price in order to get a deal. There is also the risk of meeting someone who does not have the best intentions when meeting you and may just be waiting for the opportune moment to mug you.
- Apple trade-in program is very reliable and backed by the company who manufactures the computer you are trying to sell. It does not get any more clean-cut then that. The only problem is that they pay the customer with Apple store credit.
- Oofoog.com is another great avenue to sell your electronics through. They make it easy by sending the customer a prepaid shipping label, upon which the customer ships their device to oofoog. After the Apple or other device has been inspected, the customer is paid via check or PayPal within 24 hours. All done from the comfort of your home.
There are a multitude of avenues through which one could decide to sell their electronic devices through. Some individuals would choose to sell it in person in order to get paid instantly, while others would prefer to stay within the comfort of their home and ship their MacBook Pro to whoever acquired it from them. Ultimately, it is up to the owner of the devices to decide.
If you found our article to be useful, please share it with your friends and family through the social sharing icons found on the bottom of this post!